Need help "solved thx".

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Baharott

Need help "solved thx".

Post by Baharott » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey there, not so long ago i installed reality factor and have been trying to do something with it. It is my first time doing something like this and I would really like to get something done with it but in the tutorial where it says something about selecting 1 out of the 6 walls it says "Now that your room is selected all you have to do is hit the pagedown button on your keyboard. This digs deeper down into the selected object and allows you to select individual faces. The lines turn violet in color. Now you can select individual faces by clicking on them". When I hit the page down button nothing happens been trying to figure this basic and easy thing and can't get the hang of it. I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with this?
Last edited by Baharott on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baharott

Re: Need help.

Post by Baharott » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:38 pm

There is also the problem if I want to save. When i exit the program and reenter it and try to open my saved file the program starts to crash after every try ?

ty Baharott

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 am

What tutorial are you working on? Send a lnk. Also...did you install RealityFactory into C:\RealityFactory? RF does not like spaces in the path. What version are you using? Have you updated ot 0.76.1
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:22 pm

After a little fiddling with the new version I had the same issue but found this worked for me:

note: You have to be in the preview section (the bit that shows the rooms in 3D).

I believe it should work if your cursur is in 'Modify Face and Brushes' not in 'Modify Template' mode.

I also believe you need to have the 'Move Brush' selected because if you have resize or similar selected it won't work.

Having done this it failed to do what you are expecting, in 3D view I selected 'Modify Template' mode and then pressed Page Down and RF Edit Pro automatically changed to 'Modify Face and Brushes' mode and allowed me to select faces (the violet colour thing you are looking for).

Extra Hint: Once you have this working press Page Down to get rid of the violet before you go back to modifying the level in the layout / plotting views.
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.
Info on my purpose here can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4831

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 pm

...oh; sorry as it turns out don't have move, scale, rotate or any of the those selected. That's probably the issue.

A quick way just to make sure is to press C then press B then press PageDown on the keyboard.
That will switch you to Camera mode, then Brush mode and now that you are back in brush mode none of those Move Scale or Rotate buttons are pressed in. (seems easier)
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.

Baharott

Post by Baharott » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Thank you for responding. This is the link from where i started useing this program (the tutorial is in many pages, this one is where I began trying to select a single face) http://www.stormthecastle.com/video-gam ... ctory5.htm I have tried all the hints you have given me and yet it doest seem to work and it is also installed in C:\RealityFactory. :?

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:58 am

If need be I can access you via remote desktop if you DL and install TeamViewer.
I don't know what else I could do, I am just believing you are overlooking something, but on the other hand you could have a major issue of some form or another.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:22 am

1) Select the box.
2) Press PAGEDOWN key.

I really can't figure out how this isn't working... Maybe you have a laptop and to press PageDown, you first need to press the Function(Fn) key... Or maybe your PageDown key is not working very well?

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 am

This image (http://www.iknob.net/toolbar.JPG)

Red Dots: Toolbar Button OFF
Green Dots: Toolbar Button ON

Look at the dots not the actual buttons.

The blue section shows to switch buttons then back again if it's not working.

Once you are there you select the box / brush in 3D view.
Press PageDown
Then the whole box / brush should be like purple / violet.
Then you just click on a face. (a wall)

When you finished you need to press PageDown to turn that mode off before you edit the items in the X, Y or Z view again.

Let us know how you go.

Baharott

Post by Baharott » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Sadly the information you have given me did not work. The outlines only become violet when i press "modify templater" and nothing happens if I press page down, also if I mouseclick the lines become green like usual. I will install team viewer when i get the time but if you get any ideas it would be grate if you could post them.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:50 pm

I'd like to emphasize that instead of pressing the page down key you may instead go to the "Mode" menu and select "Toggle Brush/Face Mode".

Baharott

Post by Baharott » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:03 pm

That actually worked, thanks for the help guys :mrgreen: