projectile bounding box

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Veleran

projectile bounding box

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 pm

I made a spout and placed a firepoint at the same place and then set a number for the bounding box size of the projectile.

I then moved the player close to the spray to see if i set the b box of the projectile to be as wide as the spray but there s no difference,
the player must collide the center of the projectile to get hit.

The bounding box does nt damage in a larger area as i though,the only difference i saw was when i set it to an exaggerated 60 to see what happens,when it started explode before launching anything.

Veleran

Re: projectile bounding box

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Actually i was testing to see if i can make an effect of a fire trap fire effect coming from a wall and finally i added a second firepoint firing rapidly next to the first one.

The idea was to add a short empty invisible world model trigger underneath the trap which extends a little before and after the trap so you have to you step near the trap , trigger the model
use a certain attribute like a thieves tools as a second trigger ,
so a "disarm" logic gate would use these two triggers,
the first which is type 0 "and" (the area trigger)
and the second type 10 use attribute which is the thieves tools.

When the "disarm" gate is turned on,a second logic gate type 5 (flip flop)uses this disarm logic gate state as trigger1 to turn off the firepoints and Spout.

The second logic gate is also supposed to spawn a mine like projectile attribute
a projectile looking like an hexagonal base with some bright color on top
being subject to gravity,bounce with very low speed and very high life time,so
when you fire it it would drop to the ground and stay there until someone collides it.

If the bounding box does not count for the damage and setting on the projectile explosion,
i would have to make the mine a pawn that is spawned near the player.