milkshape 3dt(stage) export not working in rfeditpro

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
jaysenbourn

milkshape 3dt(stage) export not working in rfeditpro

Post by jaysenbourn » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:10 pm

I am new here. i want to know how to load 3dt files that were exported by milkshape v1.8.4 to reality factory. i tried many times but rfeditpro crashes showing some errors. i also export my stage in .map format using blender but again reality factory crashes. Only this problem is preventing me to use reality factory. any :idea:

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: milkshape 3dt(stage) export not working in rfeditpro

Post by bernie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:24 am

Milkshapes 3dt exporter does not work.
Load your ms3d file into Equity and build a .act file with it.
Read the RF manual to learn how to use the .act files.
Read the FREE ebook available from here: http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/inde ... umentation

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:14 pm

You should definitely use the RF editor for building level geometry. That's what they are meant for. The Milkshape 3dt exporter only allows convex geometry to be exported correctly.
I don't know which format Blender exports to but there are probably half a dozen different formats using the .MAP file extension. If it's not the Quake 2 format you'll be out of luck.

jaysenbourn

Post by jaysenbourn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 am

berni thanks...
is .act file will work as stage. what i do is that i create stage in google sketchup and import in ms3d and then export in 3dt, and then i tried to load it reality factory. but loading in reality factory fails. reality factory will consider .act file as actor but i want to load a stage(map). if .act work as stage(environment) then problem solved, else other wise i have to find another way out...

jaysenbourn

Post by jaysenbourn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:54 am

quest of dreams thanks...
i will try to export my .3ds map file as quake 2 map format if it works then problem is solved. else otherwise i have to look around. i will reply if successful. if you don't mind, can you provide me an example. it will be very helpful to me.