Competition

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Gamemaker

Competition

Post by Gamemaker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi all! I decided we should make a map-making competition. Why not?

You can choose between three reference images. The competition starts on January, 12, ends on January, 22.

So it's 10 days of maping, and at the end of competition let's vote, whose screens look the best.
Anyone interested? :)

Gamemaker

Re: Competition

Post by Gamemaker » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

So, no competition, no "players" ?

GMer

Post by GMer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 am

I would love to, but I just don't know if I'll have the time :(
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Okay then, It would be nice if everyone who'd like to take part of competition, would say that, and then let's set the dates :)

GMer

Post by GMer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Well, some time opened up for me. Haue a few hours with nothing to do on the bus (and an outlet for my laptop no less!). Let's see what I can do! Mwa hahahahaha!
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 am

GMer wrote:Well, some time opened up for me. Haue a few hours with nothing to do on the bus (and an outlet for my laptop no less!). Let's see what I can do! Mwa hahahahaha!
So, what had you done? :)

GMer

Post by GMer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 am

Oh, gee. It took me a while to find the file...
I think I did pretty well for having a low attention span and having to work with a touchpad. If I remember right the bus to boston had an outlet, but not the one from boston :(

The timing is ironic, I just started teaching my dad gmax on Monday:D
I've been getting some great game ideas from watching over a dozen animes in 2 months, although the past 2 months I only managed to watch about 3 series. A summer job working with warehousing trousers can be tiring.
I've gotta get back around to gmax and stuff, though. I Just got a tablet for my pc, so I'm gonna try a different form of character making that might be easier on me... I'll post it if I ever get it done. Let's just say it involves some 2d planes.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:21 pm

hmm.. so you want us to do this in RF? I could probably easily whip something up with Google Sketchup but have no means of exporting it to RF.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:03 am

Nighthawk_0973 wrote:hmm.. so you want us to do this in RF? I could probably easily whip something up with Google Sketchup but have no means of exporting it to RF.
There are lots of ways to get a Sketchup model in to the RF editor such as exporting the Sketchup model as a COLLADA file then import the COLLADA file in to Blender and export as a quake map file and import the map file in to the RF editor. Or convert the COLLADA file to an OBJ file using MeshLab and then import it in to Milkshape and export a quake map file or convert the OBJ file in to a RF actor and use that actor as a static mesh in the RF editor.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:33 am

Sorry, maybe I wasn't as clear as I should've been: I can get models into RF (Sketchup -> Blender -> Equity -> RF) but I don't have Blender anymore since I wasn't using it. I have enough things on my computer and after de-installing a lot of stuff my computer runs a whole lot better than it used to.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.