help with map design

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
yourmalefactor

help with map design

Post by yourmalefactor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:06 pm

for my first project, i'm working on creating a DOOM style game. the first several maps are held in a cave underground. to achieve a large cave like appearance, what would i do? just create a really big freakin room?

Nighthawk_0973

Re: help with map design

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:12 am

Making a big room isn't the greatest idea. You can make a "big" room but if you make some thing too big the whole RF Edit Pro will crash. Try doing something like decent sized rooms with bigish doors to make it seem like a cave. Try and add stuff like rocks falling (solid sphere brushes) and creating cave in's. But what will you use for the bad guys? I use large variaions of robots because thats what is easy for me since I an't find a good exporter yet. Anyways I hope your game goes well, mine is going ok.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.