Wanted to add many random attributes and optimize it

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Veleran

Wanted to add many random attributes and optimize it

Post by Veleran » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:33 am

Barrel script triggers one of the 4 attributes to spawn if you break it.
What happens to the rest 3 attributes,they remain in the level and the ram memory until they are triggered?

If the attributes will not ever get triggered to spawn but will still remain in the level and cycled in the memory,i guess i should use pawns to modify the player attributes instead.

Like having a Pawn for throwing hammer,and using something like if get event state barrel1_Health_Potion true ,--then---end script ,remove true meaning that when the health potion spawns instead the throwing hammer you remove it.

But i like rf because of the automation and pre made attributes and stuff.
Is there a way to remove the unused attributes entities..
Other examples are the random picking from a number of traps when you open a chest,when you collide a statue to take the ruby from its eye,as you step on a magic circle textured floor and collide the invisible empty trigger above it etc.

I also wondered how much memory each attribute and pawn in the level consumes till it is spawned or until it is removed if the trigger that spawns it never sets to on.
Should i test it my self like adding tens or 100s attributes to a barrel pawn ,run the level close the editor,and check the task manager to see how much memory is consumed..

I checked the task manager now generally and it says under performance tab Physical memory/ Total,Available,System cache ----Kernel memory /Total,Paged,Nonpaged-----also there is Commit charge/Total,Limit,Peak, and Totals/Handles,Threads,Processes.

I know i dont know much about computers but if you know which of the above can tell about how much the game takes up in memory tell me.

Most possibly since i avoid to get involved with these computer things,i will try to keep the number of attribute entities as low as possible and add pawns instead attributes around level.

Veleran

LoadActor to switch them..

Post by Veleran » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:01 am

I looked for a command like LoadActor but there was nt one yet
so i could have just the barrel script with actions like add explosion, addtrigger "something" true
(have nt done this one yet but i may try make the monsters nearby go alert when the barrel breaks)

,Remove(false); ,
case1 LoadActor "Scroll1.act" , then go to another Order when you collide the scroll actor: (ModifyAttribute, "Scroll_Remove_Glyph", 1, "Player1");
something like that.I know i dont have the command but since i wanted to spawn only one actor to replace the barrel it sounded easier.
For the moment i ll place a group of entities to each barrel in the editor.

Veleran

Re: Wanted to add many random attributes and optimize it

Post by Veleran » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:44 pm

I will try using less random pawns as possible,and for the static decor pawns i will use EndScript(); from the beginning after they spawn.
Maybe it would be better for the performance to add the decorative static actors that use no animation as pawns with a script that ends right after it starts than using static entity proxies which would cycle all the time on memory.