no Jumping inside empty transparent trigger model

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Veleran

no Jumping inside empty transparent trigger model

Post by Veleran » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 pm

I can not jump at all when i collide a transparent trigger model i ve placed to trigger a secret door to open when you walk by.Why is that...
This trigger model is a a short 4 texel tall invisible plaque about 48x48 wide,,not flagged anything else except empty,
and is placed 2 texels above the floor.

The trigger is one shot.I have put a fire spray trap firepoint near and i noticed i could nt jump over the trap because the player collided that trigger model,no jump at all until i move away from the model.
Do you know why that happens..

I had to flag it as clip so i can jump again.Of course now that is clip i ll shorten it so you wont notice you stand on that invisible plaque.

Gamemaker

Re: no Jumping inside empty transparent trigger model

Post by Gamemaker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:51 pm

I used scripting (distance commands)
If in distance, then activate trigger.
Kinda annoying to place a pawn for every single door or something, but that's RealityFactory :)

Veleran

Re: no Jumping inside empty transparent trigger model

Post by Veleran » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you for the help.I also found the area switch entity which is also good,and the clip brush trigger is even more accurate.The area range triggering which can set to on even from behind walls,and i like the clip brush because you have to step on it to trigger it.
I may use range triggering in places that you could avoid triggering traps by jumping over the trigger model.