WallDecal overlying question

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Veleran

WallDecal overlying question

Post by Veleran » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:02 pm

If there is a flat bsp terrain ground and you want to place decals pointing down that intersect each other,like
cobble stone decal texture and a tree shadow decal.
The tree shadows will anyway want to appear on top of the cobble stone decal and any others that may be placed in the same area.
If this order placement of decals can be done,(i have nt seen an option for that yet.

Or, maybe i could place all over mesh patches with transparency and each patch polygons previously exported at a slightly different height level,named accordingly like:
Dirt1_1 (dirt1 texture _ height level1)
I could export the polygons with a height difference of 0.05 so they wont show up floating on the air,and use the heighest height for the shadows meshes.

For example the tree mesh might have a shadow polygon at the base and exported as one actor.

I was thinking the wilderness area in case i want to make more than one dungeon and place each entrance in a different forest.

Veleran

Re: WallDecal overlying question

Post by Veleran » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Only the second of two decals was displayed.Too bright comparing to the bso floor anyway ,no lightmaps to the decal,
so i wont use it to bsp that has lighning and shadows,works better on flat pre lighted textures if you can darken the texture decals first.

Veleran

Re: WallDecal overlying question

Post by Veleran » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Ok no overlapping,but still i could make some texture variations with it on flat terrain.

Since transparent textures reduce the frame rate,can i use lower resolution alpha bitmap and higher for the texture?
Anyone knows if the engine would automatically re sample up the alpha to the highest res?just thought of it.