How to make angled brushes?

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Agentbromsnor

Re: How to make angled brushes?

Post by Agentbromsnor » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Allanon wrote:What graphics card do you have? Maybe is doesn't support bump mapping. Try updating it's driver.
512MB GeForce 8400 GS

I'll try to update it, but the card should support it.

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:34 pm

It seems that I'm on a run with strange anomalies. Today I found another one: transparent brushes.

I created several solid brushes using the same wood texture, with no different values what so ever, and they all appear transparent in game. What is this about?

Edit: I just switched texture packs, and it shows up normal again. so I think this is related to the bumpmapping issue I'm having. Thoughts anybody?

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Update your graphic card driver, other games had problems with bump mapping with that graphics card and updating the driver fixed the problem.

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:49 am

I think the problem is fixed... I think. My boyfriend has taken a look at the program, and he changed the "extratexture"-value to 1 in the drd24 file and somehow that fixed it. The bumpmaps on both our computers look really fugly in-game though (it looks all wobbly and smudgy), but thats just a matter of adjusting to the right bump-map textures I guess.

I'm going to take your advice and update my videocard driver anyway, though. :)

EvilDraggie

Post by EvilDraggie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 am

Agentbromsnor wrote:I think the problem is fixed... I think. My boyfriend has taken a look at the program, and he changed the "extratexture"-value to 1 in the drd24 file and somehow that fixed it. :)
No problem ;)

It's mostly adjusting the Specular map tho, since it seems the shaders take most bump-lightning info from there. And the Bumpmap seems to have trouble with details so its wise to blur your bumpmap image slightly.

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:01 am

I guess we can call the bump map solved now? :)

I also figured out how to make triangle brushes with the staircase-template.

Our goal now is to make a couple of concept levels, so we can test the graphics and perhaps tinker a bit with the sourcecode if necessary, before making our first texture-sets for our game.