Camera angle is facing the wrong direction. Please help.

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Agent_X7

Camera angle is facing the wrong direction. Please help.

Post by Agent_X7 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 am

I've managed to package all of the files of my game into the Reality Factory demo application, but for some strange reason, the character starts out on the ground lying on his stomach. I've managed to fix this dilemma by rotating the actor in Equity, but now it seems that the camera angle is facing left when it should be facing forward. I've tried to rotate the "proj.act" file, but whenever Equity tries to rebuild it, the program crashes. My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that proj.act has no faces or vertices of any kind. I've tried going into the "Pawn.ini" file and changing the rotation values of the camera in there, but to no avail. I've checked PlayerSetup in the .3DT file needed to run the level, but the camera is facing forward as normal... Has this happened before? Could someone point out me to any similar scenarios or advice on the matter? Thanks in advance.

Agent_X7

Re: Camera angle is facing the wrong direction. Please help.

Post by Agent_X7 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to clear up that orientation problem earlier, but the method I used on Virgil doesn't seem to work on proj.act, which I believe to be the camera actor. This problem only occurs in the ThirdPerson view, where the camera would be facing toward the right side of Virgil, instead of directly in front of him. Is there a parameter I can set in the camera.ini which would resolve this problem?

It's also possible that I might need to define the directory in RealityFactory.ini where ini files are located... If that's the case, could you please enlighten me as to what the command is for setting that into RealityFactory.ini? (i.e. for Scripts, it's "ScriptDirectory=scripts", for Levels, it's "LevelDirectory=media\levels") Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm

proj.act has nothing to do with the camera it is a projectile. Please read the documentation. Also download and read the e-book and all will come clear.

Agent_X7

Post by Agent_X7 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for the help, guys. :) I think what went wrong is that I installed two Reality Factories, which confused the program as it searched for the right .bsp file to load. In any case, my problem's been resolved. Thanks again.