Trouble with face attributes in universal models.

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Agent_X7

Trouble with face attributes in universal models.

Post by Agent_X7 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:13 am

Hi, my problem this time is more about detail rather than practicality. I have a flat, rectangular box set up with the mirror face attribute and transparency checked, and a transparency value set to 2. I set all the faces to "mirror", sans the back side, and all was going smoothly until I made the mirror brush into a universal model. Now the mirror will appear completely transparent instead of reflective whenever I run the level. The whole mirror is as see-through as a window, and the only thing that appears to be reflecting is Virgil if he's right against the surface of the mirror. It seems the transparency value is still intact, but the mirror face attribute is not. I was wondering if there was any way for the brush in a universal model to retain its face attributes? Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with face attributes in universal models.

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:22 am

Mirrors don't work with movable geometry.

Agent_X7

Post by Agent_X7 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:24 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:Mirrors don't work with movable geometry.
I see... In that case, is there any way to create a script that would delete a brush in correlation to a destroyed universal model?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. :?
World models and actors can be moved, static level geometry is just that, static.