Problems with textures.

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
realgaming135

Problems with textures.

Post by realgaming135 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have created a new texturepack, and it works fine in the world editor (RFEditpro). Let's say that I want to create a simple room with a stone-texture that I have in the texturepack. I add the texture to the cube, and it looks fine. Well...The problem is, that when I compile and play my level, the texture is not the stone-texture anymore. In the game it has changed to a diffrent texture. I quit my level, and go back to the world-editor, and when i look at the 3D-view, it's is still the stone-texture.
In the level-editor (RFEditpro), it is the stone-texture. But in my game (when I compile it and play it), it is a sky-texture instead.
I was thinking, that maybe it was an error in my level, and decide to try again in a new level. In the level-editor it looks like that stone-texture, but I compile and play my level, and it is that sky-texture again. :x
Then I try to replace the stone-texture with a wooden-texture. When I compile and play the level, it is the the wooden-texture I see.

So, it must be the stone-texture that changes in the game, but is still the stone-texture in the editor. And it is always that sky-texture in the game.

So I will be very grateful, if anyone know what the problem is. Or just show me a topic, that I have missed :)

Thank you.
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...

realgaming135

Re: Problems with textures.

Post by realgaming135 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Thank you so mush!!! :D

It worked when I renamed one of the textures. The name is shorter now.

Thank you again. :D
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...