4 questions

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
realgaming135

Re: 4 questions

Post by realgaming135 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:47 pm

I actually managed to make your lakedemo work this time, and those holes are not showing up in the level. I tried to change to the same settings as in the lakedemo, but there's still those holes.

However I noticed a difference in the RFEditPro game engine. It is about the water brushes. I don't know if this has anything to do with the holes in the terrain, but I hope so, so I can get this solved.
It is when I'm in the RFEditPro, and when I open my level, my waterbrush shows what texture is on it, BUT when I open lakedemo the waterbrush is red. It is textured in-game, yes, but in RFEditPro it is red. I'll send some screenshots so you know what I mean. They are below - explained.
waterbrush.jpg
(199.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Here is my level. All the wood looking stuff is the static entity proxy terrain. The blue is the waterbrush, and you can see it is textured. This brush causes weird holes in terrain in-game. And the egde of it looks ''buggy'' or something like that.
waterbrush2.jpg
(94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Here is the lakedemo. The yellow texture with small weird faces is the static entity proxy terrain. All the red is the waterbrush. Here you can't see the texture, but it is there in-game. The brush is 'shining' through all of it, therefore you can see the whole brush and not only what sticks above the terrain. No holes in terrain in-game.
:)
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:52 am

It is how it is,do not worry about it.

realgaming135

Post by realgaming135 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:17 pm

okay, I just thought I had found the main problem. Too bad I guess.
:)
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...