End of Game

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
steven8

End of Game

Post by steven8 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:05 pm

I have a changelevel for the end of game. Leaving the name blank, as it says in the manual to return to menu. It works as stated, but I'm disappointed that you can't show a message or splash screen.

Is there a way to do this that I am not seeing?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Veleran

Re: End of Game

Post by Veleran » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:52 pm

You can display a flipbook or an ending cut scene video of a static image frame or a slightly shaking "End" which (you turned to a movie in a video maker) for some seconds before the the change Level Entity.

Many of the things in RF are done by tricks like this,it is easier and more amusing faking some things.

steven8

Re: End of Game

Post by steven8 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 am

Veleran wrote:You can display a flipbook or an ending cut scene video of a static image frame or a slightly shaking "End" which (you turned to a movie in a video maker) for some seconds before the the change Level Entity.

Many of the things in RF are done by tricks like this,it is easier and more amusing faking some things.
I was not able to do any of those things, but I found a weird way out. I created another level that is nothing more than a black box 128 x 128 x 256 high with a black model on the floor with a changelevel entity attached and THAT ends the game!

So, changelevel with a message into the black room with no hud that transports you to the menu!

RF Trick it is!! Thanks, Veleran. I wouldn't have even thought to try something like that without your suggestions.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!