Logicgate Question

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
steven8

Logicgate Question

Post by steven8 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:35 am

Okay, I have managed to get an Attribute Logicgate to work correctly. The player has to collect three objects, then the door opens to leave the room and I set off a Countdown Timer for the same length the door opens and closes. I also put in a Change Attribute (?) entity to reset the attribute to zero when the time ends, in case the player doesn't make it out. Sure enough, after the timer ends, the regenerated objects can be collected again. However...the door will not reopen after collecting them.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Logicgate Question

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:13 pm

It's hard to tell what's the issue in your setup since there are quite a few entities involved that have a lot of options.
I'm on vacation right now but I'll leave for Cologne (gamescom :D ) on Wednesday so I'm not sure I'll have time to look at it before departing ...

steven8

Re: Logicgate Question

Post by steven8 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am

Not a problem, Daniel. For the time being, I put in a changelevel that restarts the level and wipes out the players attributes. Simple, yet effective!

Have fun at your convention!! :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!