Collect object on the Stage

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Vertex

Collect object on the Stage

Post by Vertex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:48 am

My character has qeu collect items level . For example a cap , but this cap has the character skeleton , so it can not be at ground level .

My question is : How I can colored objects at ground level ?, because it is a subject that engages the character, uses his skeleton.

Any suggestions?
http://www.iris3dgames.com Reality Factory Spanish :wink:

Allanon

Re: Collect object on the Stage

Post by Allanon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:24 am

Create the hat as a separate actor and attach it to the player's skeleton when picked up.

Veleran

Re: Collect object on the Stage

Post by Veleran » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 am

You can make an animation that places the hat on the ground level,and when the player picks it up,it can start using the player animations using the attach commands.

If it still floats on the air then you placed it above the ground yourself in the editor or you exported it flying from inside the modelling program without noticing it.

The hat does not look like keeping the same rotation with the character.It points another way as i can see in the pics.

The bone name has to be on capitals like this BIP 01 HEAD not like Bip 01 Head,else it can not find the bones and attaches to the root bone by default but since you will attach it to the root bone i guess it does not matter.