rain and puddles

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
scott

rain and puddles

Post by scott » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:19 pm

i want a level with rain and puddles, i can create the rain but it dosnt seem to stop at a solid object, i have windows and it goes through them.
i want to make it run down the side of a slanted window, is this possible? and if so ill need step by step instructions on how to do this.

rain dosnt make puddles, but i would like to create them for the level im amking, if i cant create them with the rain is it posible to make it using a template with the liquid property checked and then geting splashes of the rain?
*GD*

Master

Post by Master » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:29 pm

RF's rain entity dosn't actually create rain in that sense. The rain drops RF creates are just static bitmaps. They don't really have capabilities like that. You could create puddles out of world geometry and use a TextureProc entity on its texture to create the effect of rain drops on its surface.

scott

Post by scott » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:17 pm

ok thanx, im not to sure on how to use the different entities, i know the light entities and the basic stuff, if you could help me on how to create this effect i would be greatful and one more question would this effect the fps and if so by how much?
*GD*

Master

Post by Master » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:19 am

Use level geometry to create your puddle and apply watever water texture you wish, then create a TextureProc entity and configure like so...

szProcName - Water
szTextureName - [Name of Water Texture]

I don't know too much about fps but this may slow it down...i guess. If you set DistanceFlag to true then the effect wont be rendered while you are a certain distance away from the texture (the certain distance can be specified by changing the Distance property). This should help the framerate.

I suggest downloading the RF072A docs and reading over the the entity reference.

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:42 am

suggest downloading the RF072A docs and reading over the the entity reference

Rain entity and almost all entities are demoed by Quest in the RF072a
download on the download section.