Actor Specular shader

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Veleran

Actor Specular shader

Post by Veleran » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm

I was wondering how the RF specular is supposed to look.Some can take a quick look at the code or say something about it.

If you use on the actor a specular bitmap with grayscale color lets say-180 and put a standard static light for the test,
will the specular add more light on the actor similar to the usual lightning on the polygons,and will that "highlights" light of the specular move on the polygons if you go a circle around the test actor?

I describe something like the highlights you would see on a glass bottle that see to move a bit as you change location.
To see the lighting effect clearly i suggest setting the pawn or static entity default lightning and ambient to all zeros 0 0 0.

Veleran

Re: Actor Specular shader

Post by Veleran » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:28 pm

In fewer words has anyone ever seen a specullar hotspot on an RF (if hotspot exists) actor that moves on the surface as the player /camera moves?

Allanon

Re: Actor Specular shader

Post by Allanon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:45 pm

The only person I remember that did a lot of environment mapping was Zidane, he was creating a game called SkullCrack and was testing bump and specular mapping. He eventually moved the game to Unity3d but what he did with RF was amazing. Here is a link to the thread about his game, the image links don't work but the YouTube videos do:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3196&hilit=skullcrack