My attempt at a human. WIP

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.

Is this model good?

Yes
33%
No
25%
Not Bad
42%

Total votes: 12

Microman171

My attempt at a human. WIP

Post by Microman171 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:53 pm

Here is a shot of my person (unsure of polys right now.) I have made him with reference photos in Blender3D. Image

If that doesn't work then copy and paste into browser and if that doesnt work then tell me. I hope you like it. Oh and blender has the smoth button (It's not super high poly! :D )
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.

scott

Post by scott » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:50 pm

i belive that for a wip its good, but keep those polly's low!

some detail can be given in texture rather than pollies, so think about that when you do the rest of the model.
*GD*

steven8

Post by steven8 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:48 am

It is looking great! Make sure you bring the chest out further. Scott is right, many details can be brought out with textures.

Humans are, without a doubt, the toughest thing in the world to model. Excellent start!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Microman171

Post by Microman171 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:12 am

Thanks for the replys :D. Who said no?! Well here is the next progress photo: Image

It look like it has really bad textures but that is just lighting.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

steven8

Post by steven8 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Very good. I tell ya, Blender is rough to learn, and this is good work in my opinion. I never got past the basic shapes. :-) Pronounces the rear-end some, and shape up the legs a bit. Not a bad start for the hands. Did you model them out of the arms, or are they separate?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Microman171

Post by Microman171 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:41 am

Im making a game based on my school where there are lots of people so The hands are done. You go into the school and demons (posibly aliens) take over the school and a swat team comes in and only one survives. He goes mental and you kill hima dn the aliens (Demons mabye.)
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Coty

Post by Coty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Bring the legs closer together at the pelvis, to much of a gap. Lower the neck and collar down more level with the shoulders. Make the waste smaller. Maybe bring the butt out a little more.

We can't see a wireframe, so you should shoot for the final model to be around 1000/1500 polys (triangles), or even lower. Around 700 polys would probably be about right for RF. It is old, but the computers are faster now.

psYco

Post by psYco » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:50 pm

Good work I just finished an i denticle project! Well all the kids and teachers turned to zombies (download school of the dead at my file front accoutn in my sig.) so it was cool to model all my friends! LOL! with bloody bits and missing limbs! Any way I would shoot for lower than 700 polys since in my game the zombies were all about 758 and then it went super slow with more than 3 on screen at the same time! Grrrr! But if I had 10 of the same it went fine! :( So if your planning on having lots of different demon students keep the textures basic and smalll and the models well under 1000....

(my system specs are 1gig Ram, dual GeForce 7800's in SLi and Im not too sure about my mother board but the processor is one of the latest revisions of the AMD 64 athelon! so dont tell me its MY pc that was too slow!)