EngineBeginFrame Failed

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Dysphoriac

EngineBeginFrame Failed

Post by Dysphoriac » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:29 am

I've been using Milkshape and Actor Studio to create an actor for a test game I am currently working on. I compiled the body and the motions into the project file and compiled the character in to a .act but when I load it in ActView (Viewer doesn't work, another problem I'd like help with it says "Driver Failed") an error message comes up that says "EngineBeginFrame Failed". Can someone please tell me what the problem is. It wouldn't have anything to do with texture sizes would it?
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."

NolanK

Post by NolanK » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:44 am

what size are the textures?
All your base are belong to us.

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:56 am

Well they are 320 by 240 and I think I just figured out the problem, they have to be the same number don't they, such as 256 x 256?

Edit: Thanks for your reply but I figured it out, there were two problems, the textures weren't the right sizes and three of them were Jpegs.
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:02 am

Dysphoriac wrote:Well they are 320 by 240 and I think I just figured out the problem, they have to be the same number don't they, such as 256 x 256?
just as an end note: no, they do not have to be the same dimensions w and h, they can ie be 32x64, however, that size is not valid, since it is a multiple of two and not a power of it.

xpotwenty

Re: EngineBeginFrame Failed

Post by xpotwenty » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:38 pm

can you use an entity to create a water fountain effect? and if so what one?????
raza

Veleran

Re: EngineBeginFrame Failed

Post by Veleran » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:51 pm

There is the Spout and another one ,the particleSystemProxy.
The second one i think needs a trigger make it spraying without stopping.
This that you ask about lever editor entities goes in the level designer's forum..