mech modeling

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
mackietf024

mech modeling

Post by mackietf024 »

ei pips,im currently building a game with mechs having interchangeable body parts<customize arms,weapons,heads,legs> so my question is this...can i make a char model in 3ds max that with a transparent texture?havent tried it yet so b4 goin thru all the mess,id ask you guys 1st

the reason i wanted a transparent character is because im planning on making the customizable body parts function the same as weapons do.tnx and more power everybody.^_^

rf is wicked best.^_^
Love Counquers Everything.^_^
steven8

Post by steven8 »

First, just make the model, then use tga2gebmp2 in you tools folder, I believe to replace the texture.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

Yes thats perfectly true but you have to create the actor file with a .bmp texture first. then change the texture to .tga with tga2gebmp2. In my game I'm using the same model for most of my characters, just changing the textures to suit. I have zombies, skeletons, and a vampire all using the same basic model just different textures. I use the universal human model from which I removed the skeleton and then re-rigged it with virgil's skeleton. Now they take all the virgil animations plus a few of my own. That now means less modification of the basic scripts too as none of animation commands need to be changed (except for my own added ones that is).
mackietf024

Post by mackietf024 »

aye tnx a lot.^_^ il try it now.^_^
Love Counquers Everything.^_^