Exporting specific animations

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Juryiel

Exporting specific animations

Post by Juryiel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:57 am

Hey, I have a model in Milkshape and the animations are all in one long sequence. I was wondering how I can break them up into many individual animations. Thanks!

federico
RF Dev Team

Re: Exporting specific animations

Post by federico » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Let's suppose you have an animation 100 frames long that you want to break in 10 parts. Mainly you have to use the animation limits, the Total Frame textbox (near the play/stop animation buttons), and the "Tools-> Reverse Animation" command.

1) first animation, so limit1 is on 0. limit2 is on the last frame of the first piece (we suppose frame 12). Set the Total frames value as the limit2 frame number (write 12 in textbox). Then File->Export->SMD. Export your animation. Don't use the MOT format or it will export the full-lenght animation.
2) Enter again 100 in the 'Total frames' textbox so that your animation sequence is complete again. Now exit from the "Keyframe Mode" (you can see your model in the reference pose) and use the "Tools-> Reverse Animation" command. Enter in "Keyframe Mode" again, your animations is now reversed so that frame 0 is now frame 100, and your old frame 12 (your previous limit2) is now 88 (100-12). Put 87 (88 - 1 frame) in the 'Total frames' textbox, exit from the "Keyframe Mode", use the "Tools-> Reverse Animation" command. Now you have the sequence animation without the first piece. I suggest you to save it with a different name.
3) repeat 1) to obtain the second part, and so on ...

... when finished, import again all the SMD parts separately (You could find the "Delete All Keyframes" command very useful) and finally export them as MOT files.
:wink:

Juryiel

Re: Exporting specific animations

Post by Juryiel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Thanks! I'll give it a try :)