freelance

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
scott

freelance

Post by scott » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:28 am

well im in a bit of a situation, im out of work and so am trying to earn some money doing freelance modeling, im probably not going to find anyone here as free software means poor people like myself (we would go for quake licencies otherwise :P) because of this i have started some high polly work (first time for everything) and just thought to show you, mainly because i cant show you any of my project yet :P (dont want to look like im just hanging around the forums doing nothing, trust me, my project will be exelent)

*GD*

Jay
RF Dev Team

Re: freelance

Post by Jay » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm

nice. Just interested, how many polys does it have?
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:10 pm

far tooooo many for games, 2100, however its not finished and will go up or it will go down, i havnt added the apple on the back, if i make that with pollys it will go up, or if i make it with a bump map i will probably do the same to the top. its intended for renders mainly, or could be used with LoD i suppose.
*GD*

scott

Post by scott » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:45 am

here is my lates work, took me ages to do but is 99% acurate of an Audi A3 without wing mirrors, and no front numberplate holder (i missed it out :( )

just under 12k polly, wich if used for a racing game is what you would be aiming at.
*GD*

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:11 am

what happened to your old job?you were a games tester right?
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:03 am

for the audi:

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/100

:shock:
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....

scott

Post by scott » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:10 am

still am a game tester, however the project i was working got canceld due to legal issues figures :( ) and they had full team on all other projects, they are planing on taking me back in a few weeks i hope, but its been since the end of November i have been out of work we all need money to live so i have had to put my project on hold to try and get extra funds.

i say almost acurate, note that it has no side mirrors, very bottom corners of the window sheild are black, probably a wrong facing polly or two, no backing behind the front numberplate the window sheild itself is too low polly and not curved in the Z,Y axis and i have no idea how the bumpers underneath the car go in or the curvature rate that they curve in, the very bottom front bumper has wrong facing polygons aswel and gives a dark patch in the middle and finaly the front grill vertical seperaters are too far forward, apart from that its a perfect replica of a Audi A3, while half of those problems are easy to solve, it took me 3 days straight to make that and i got bored at that point, maybe in a day or two i will go back and fix the problems
Last edited by scott on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*GD*

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:09 am

scott wrote:still am a game tester, however the project i was working got canceld due to legal issues figures :( )
I know you arn't allowed to disclose information on the game you were testing but I can't help myself: it was Golden Eye 007 from the N64 ported to the 360 Arcade wasn't it? I just heard that was canceled like 2 weeks ago. Anyhow... sorry to pry, and don't feel a need to acknowledge this comment at all.

I hope you can find some work. Good luck! Of course with skills like you have shown here, theres not a doubt in my mind you won't be able to find any. Those are SPECTACULAR models!!!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

scott

Post by scott » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:38 pm

as you already have guessed i cant confirm the game that was being worked on because of the (stupid) NDA (just went over it to see if there was a get out clause, 5-6 years time there is) or until someone else leaks the info :P unfortunatly until then you have to wait to find out what game it really is.

and thanks for the good word MoG im also hoping that i will be able to get some freelance work, and hopefuly sooner rather than later.
*GD*

jonas

Post by jonas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 am

Very nice! :D I'm glad someone can get milkshape to work like that cause I sure can't get anything like that in milkshape. Keep up the good work. I hope they get work for you soon.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:28 am

the ipod is not actually high poly. turn it into the millions, like ive seen on game-artist.net. the back side is not smooth enough. and the edges are pretty sharp. chamfer them. and you could extrude inwards the screen. plus the little thumb ipod scroll thing, extrude that inward too
Herp derp.