Equity 4.0

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Equity 4.0

Post by bernie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:15 pm

Terry,
I've uploaded VirgilFC.act to my filefront for you. It's virgil with Farcry skeleton ... Works for ragdoll and as a pawn but can't be used as Player yet. I will have to make animations for player for him and it could take some time.

Cheers,
Bernard

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 am

Happy birthday, Terry! :D

And something on topic:
I've been watching your progress for a while now and I really admire your work. Excellent job, keep it up. :)
Pain is only psychological.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:26 am

Many happy returns Terry, have a good one but take care when celebrating tonight :wink:

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:14 pm

This looks sooo good!

Now all we need is a point and click interface to put together scripts.

When RF2 is released will there still be support for RF? I hope so or all this work will have to be revamped. I'm not sure that Ogre uses the .act format. In fact I know very little about ogre. I suppose it is a good idea to start reading. Huh?

Can't wait to see where this project goes. Looks great so far.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Even if RF2 doesn't take .act which I think it will, this program will be extremely useful to disassemble all our act files so we can re use them in RF2. Anyway RF2 is still way in the future 2010 at the very earliest but I supect it will be much further away than that.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm

Hello

Its been a few weeks since last up-date this release is 4.2.1 i have been working on the .3ds loader to actor converter.

Which will not be ready for the new release of RF so some menu items are disabled but are nearly ready.

I think QuestofDreams as been working hard behind the sences ready for the new RF release any way.

Here we go.

Download at http://hosted.filefront.com/hgtterry/

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sat May 31, 2008 10:23 pm

Hello Again

This is quick update to Equity.

I have added Actor positioning you will see a new functioning button in the 3d-viewer panel
Called: - Edit Actor Position.

This will allow you to edit the actor’s position and rotation but this is not like the Entity settings.

Example if you load an actor with 0,0,0 in the Entity settings and say it stands on its feet and then altar the actor in Equity with the Edit Actor Position so you tern it up side down then rebuild the actor and use the same settings in the entity 0,0,0 it will be up side down.

Equity works on the actor’s matrix to alter the actor position and rotation as it will be in the world space, which is saved in the actor.

You can alter Rotation and Position in the X,Y,Z.

Iv done this because I have nearly finished the .3ds to actor but I noticed things like a couch or chair being in odd places and needed some way to alter the position so they would be the right way up and at center ext.

Also I read in a post some where my actor is lying flat of course chaining the Entity setting will cure this but now you can physically alter it in Equity.

At the moment use the sliders to alter the actor but I am going to add a Favorites panel which will take common modeling programs and set the actor to the correct position.

Don’t forget to rebuild the actor for things to take affect.

Equity 4.2.1B

Thanks
Terry

PS I am NOT going to include an actor or a folder any more just unzip to the new RF release folder to up date Equity.

kiliman

Post by kiliman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:35 am

Thanks Terry, very nice work, u rock¡¡

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Wait, does that mean i can make virgil stand up straight with just one click? Awesome! :D Thanks man!

EDIT: A request, though: Can you make the values for the rotation in degrees? I don't think everyone here is familiar with radians. Good work though!
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Hello Jay

Thats no proplem will convert to degress for next release.

Thanks
Terry

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Reactor 4.22_Beta Release

Spent some time finishing a few things off and added some new things.

Things finished.

Equity will now Decompile tga files from an actor as tga files.
Loaded actor will display tga textures automaticaly.
Using degrees in Edit Actor Position instead of radians.
Bone Rotation will now follow the mesh.

Things Added.

Texture library ( .txl ) Editor found under Menu -> Tools.

Also Actor Textures can be replaced with bitmaps, tga files and now from a texture library (. txl).

During the processes of programming Equity we have become tired of navigating through folders so now Equity will remember where you have been.

So if you load an Actor Equity will remember the last folder you visited and if you load a txl file it will be remembered . So Equity will create a small .ini file.

There are a few problems which we will cure by the next release as we focus on some off the programming issues.

Any ideas or things you can think that you want us to add please inform us.

Thanks

Terry / Bernie

bernie
RF Moderator

New Release Equity 4.2.3

Post by bernie » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:35 pm

Equity update v 4.2.3 now available

1:- Altered the interface to try and make it a bit more polished.

2:- Added an extra list box in the Body section this will give us more info on what we have selected. In the case of Bones it tells us if the bone is a root bone or has a parent bone.

3:- We now apply rotation and translation to all root bones which has solved a problem after Edit Actor Position has been applied.

4:- You can now enter roation in degrees and position units manually also. Enter position units either positve or neagtive values, Rotation in degrees and press update. Don't forget to rebuild the actor after making changes.

5:- Default Pose will now work properly after Edit Actor Position has been applied and also stop the animation if one is running. New default pose button added in main view.

6:- 2 views have been set up. They are found in the view section of the 3D view.
Equity:- This view will alter Equity world space so it is the same as it was originally i.e. virgil will stand upright and on the grid.
MilkShape:- This view will alter Equity world space so the actor will be as it would appear in MilkShape.
NB:-
These 2 views do not alter the actor position but only the way Equity views the actor.

7:- Tools -> Texture Library Export Selected will now show a save dialog when Export Selected is clicked and save the texture in the appropriate format i.e. .bmp .tga.

8:- Export Texture under the Art work panel will now export a selected texture directly from the actor in the appropriate format again .bmp .tga.

Equity 4.2.3.zip

Mirrored at http://hosted.filefront.com/bernieRF/

Bernie/Terry

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Wow this tool is becoming really cool! Keep up the good work! :D :D
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:22 am

Excellent! I wish I could make some apps for RF like this... But alas, I don't even know how to script...
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing

bernie
RF Moderator

Bug

Post by bernie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:08 pm

There is a small bug lurking in the mesh edit mode. If you are in equity view you will have great difficulty selcting vertices. For the time being if you need to use it, go into the mesh edit whilst in Milkshape view and all will be well. A bug fixed release will be issued in the next few days.