Blender Exporter 0.2 alpha release

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
zany_001

Re: Blender Exporter 0.2 alpha release

Post by zany_001 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:21 pm

OK I'm annoyed now, it's not the first time people here have posted crap about blender sucking without giving logical reasons why.
Voltare wrote:Here's the thing.Blender is all about rendering and not actual gamemaking, therefore, it's not an ideal tool for any gamemaker.
Ever heard the phrase, 'It's not the tool, it's the person who wields it.' If I, a relatively inexperienced 3D modeller, can make game-worthy models with blender quickly and easily, then it's not the tool.
I could care less who made what with the crap; they're one of a very very VERY small tiny insignificant minority.
Look around you. You'rd in a forum with 20 people who visit every day. Blenderartists, on the other hand, has THOUSANDS of registered users, with hundreds on every day. Who's the small, insignificant minority NOW?
As the creator of this found out, Blender hates you.It just does....since it's built from *nix code.
/facepalm
Blender 'hates' you? Because it's built off linux code? I'll not say anything more about the stupidity of that comment.

The people to actually help with this is the guys o the main blender forum...but they hate you, too.You're just a stupid noob to them.
The people at blenderartists are very nice, generally mature people. The ones who help others in the assistance topics even more so. They may think of you as a noob, but not in a bad way. Everyone has to start somewhere, they know that, and most won't troll you for it.
Quit trying to make blender "useful", cause it'll never happen.
Gimme some reasons why blender isn't useful.
It's very useful to me and I would use it every day if I could. Just because you haven't put the time and effort in to learn to use it because you couldn't make an Empire State Building on day one doesn't make it BAD.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Voltare, please keep opinions like this to yourself. There is no reason to bash a product and tell people not to use it because you don't like it. It sounds like a crusade against Blender. It might not be the best product for you, but it might be the cat's meow to someone else.

I have news for you also...all modelling programs are about rendering. That is what they do. They might have exporters or a plugin interface to export and import data, but in the end, they are about modelling, animation and rendering. Just an FYI...Blender was used on many professional game projects including Torchlight which was just released.

If you went into the Blender forum with this attitude, I would treat you the same way. Can you show an example of something that you posted on the Blender forum to prove your point?
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Guys....I am locking this topic to prevent an all out war here.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....