Need Human Models?

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Allanon

Need Human Models?

Post by Allanon » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:57 am

I just found a program called MakeHuman. It's a free program that allows you to move sliders to build and pose a 3d human model. You can make 3d models that are men, women, young, old, big, small, skinny, fat, and everything in between just by moving sliders. Same with poses, move sliders and you can pose the model. The program exports collada and obj formats. When I imported a model in to Milkshape it was about 22000 tris. I'm not sure if you can adjust the polygon count but using a mesh optimizer might work.

jonas

Re: Need Human Models?

Post by jonas » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Wow its amazing to see how far that program has come since I last saw it a year or so ago. Definatly cool if you can figure out how to get models from there into rf. Used to you would have had to get it from blender into rf.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Danimita92

Post by Danimita92 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:02 pm

You can export the models to .obj, reduce the polys with "tools/Directx Mesh Tools" and make a .bdy out of it, right?

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:48 pm

You can export the models to .obj, reduce the polys with "tools/Directx Mesh Tools" and make a .bdy out of it, right
No need to make a .bdy file now if you're in milkshape just make your actor directly from ms3d file, but you need to make skeleton assign and animate it of course.

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Still waaaay to high-poly for rf work....best i can get it down to without distortions and missing poly's is around 6,000.

GMer

Post by GMer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:00 am

Maybe if LOD was used in conjunction with hint brushes and a clipping plane very wisely then the models could theoretically be used.
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:54 am

OOh i never even knew it was non blender now!!

RF2 could probably run a 6k character, althoguh I would still model by hand probably, for greater control.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Destron

Post by Destron » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:53 am

Human models are a dime a dozen online.
Finding one that's high quality enough with the right polygon count is the tough part.