A Little Leg Problem :D

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
metal_head

A Little Leg Problem :D

Post by metal_head » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:06 pm

I got this cool alien model (with permission from the author of course).I rigged it and put it in the game I used a skeleton wich looks a lot like the default player's skeleton,but I got it from a model in Entidad.

I did this:
I know what is wrong it's something I forgot in the making of the new actor.
When you load into MS from lithunwrap the model gets rotated through 90 degrees.
If you
#1 load the new .act file into lithunwrap and save as a ms3d
#2 load into MS and remake the .bdy file. Load that into lithunwrap and save again as .ms3d
repeat operatio #2 until the model appears face down in ms3d
save as .bdy and build the actor
Messy I know but it works.
Sorry about that I forgot that step in the making of the new actor.
I must work out the process in equity it will be much easier but I will have to calculate the offsets.
That's something bernie told me about,and it's very useful though it's confusing.I haven't moved the skeleton a bit when I was rigging the animations are fine and the other model,which uses the same skeleton has no problems,but the problem with this model is that the actor's feet are in the ground...I know nobody will understand what I mean,sooo,I made a screenshot of that (download it) .
I tried rotating the actor...no
I tried everything I know and still it's not working.I can upload the model in MS3D format,so you can see:there's nothing wrong.I need that for the demo I'll release soon!

The model's fine though,it attacks the player,the animations are perfect,no graphical bugs (like wrong assigned vertex or something) everything is great with it,just...if I can offset the model somehow,If I move the model with the skeleton in MS upwards,the animations will screw up. :(
Attachments
MF VS Alien.jpg
(91.47 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: A Little Leg Problem :D

Post by bernie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:19 pm

back up your actor, then Load your actor into Equity 4.2.7 and go into edit actor position in the viewer. Use the z position slider to raise your actor so his feet are on the grid then rebuild your actor menu -> build -> rebuild actor(RF1). That should sort it.

metal_head

Re: A Little Leg Problem :D

Post by metal_head » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:35 pm

thanks,bersnie,Equity really helped!