Adding New Animations to an !.ACT! file?

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
metal_head

Adding New Animations to an !.ACT! file?

Post by metal_head » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:48 pm

I got a cool model (with permission from the author ofcourse) from the internet.I rigged it and put some animations that are already made by others and made a few myself.OK,but the animations for attacking are only melee animations,so I made the shooting animations (sorta...it's an alien that throws plasma balls and electricity :D ).But I lost the bdy file of the model (I deleted it when I converted it to an act model a few weeks ago).It's a lot of work maing the bdy again,because I'll have to assign the textures than I'll have to export it into bdy,than in lithunwrap in ms3d again and like that several times,to make the model rotated right...is there a way of adding the new animations directly to the act file,without decompling it and reboulding it again in Astudio?

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Adding New Animations to an !.ACT! file?

Post by bernie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes ... It's one of Equity's features.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Well,I was sure that this will be the answer,so I took a look in Equity,but I couldn't find how does this work,oh well ,thanks I'll try to find it. :D

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 pm

open your actor. file->Open Actor
go to Motions->Add motion
Add your motion.
Go to build-> rebuild actorRF1
job done,

And before you ask:
Egg Sucking made easy.
Well first thing u need to wash it, then get a pin/needle and make a little hole on the top then put your finger on it and turn the other way around and make a hole at the bottom, turn around and put a pinch of salt inside... then start sucking remember to release the hole at the bottom so that air get get through and the egg will flow... yum....