Re: Equity Updates

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Veleran

Post by Veleran » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:50 pm

If someone wants to rebuild an actor from an .nfo and has linked some new bones on the existing biped,but has nt modified anything else on the skeleton.

Is it possible in the future to auto add/link these new extra bones to the original biped of the motions without losing the tranform of the motions?

I mean if the skeleton has nt changed in anything else,just that it would have these extra bones for attaching optional accessories.

Some attachment accesories might use extra bones,like the pauldrons,or long garments that hang down halfway the upper leg,and use bones to move up and down the skirt's vertices.
I wondered how much i can modify the player in the future.
Last edited by Veleran on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Accessories and skeleton

Post by bernie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:56 pm

First of all this is not an Equity problem its more to do with the RF and modelling so I have moved this post.
I would think that if you add extra bones to a skeleton then you will have to rebuild all the animations to take into account the extra bones.
Maybe some else can give a more accurate answer.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:11 pm

It 's ok then-with the existing skeleton virgil (the player) can still wear shorter (down to the pelvis) tunics and chainmail hauberks.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 pm

Motions are bone specific, if you add more bones and the motion doesn't use those bones then they are just ignored by the motion but the new bones should move correctly if the bone they are linked to is affected by the motion. You can also use motions on actors that are missing bones that are in motions. For example if all your actors except one have tails then you can use all the motions that move the actor and tail with the actor without a tail, the tail animations will just be ignored.