Smoke Grenade

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:14 am

Bingo! yep you've hit the nail on the head this time! that model is perfect for in game stuff, all you need to do now is attach a particle effect to a bone and you've got an impressive smoke bomb!

also as feddon pointed out it'll barely noticable in game, looking good,

i wish i knew how to use max it's giving people good results, i've played round with Gmax but it's gotta high learning curve...

ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:28 pm

Yeah that last one is looking a lot better for game use. Here's one I did with texture thats right at 56 poly's. But at least you can see the difference a texture makes. Plus it's a close up the distance you'll see it from in game makes it look 100x better.

Also just a note of interest. Smoke grenades tend not to have spoons (handles). Only explosive grenades, and flashbangs have them because you need to be able to pull the pin and time the throw without it blowing up in your face. When laying down a smoke screen you just pull the pin and toss it.

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:07 am

All the pics i've seen have the spoons as you call them. That makes sense one would want it to start asap and maybe have a delay so it can be thrown. Thanks. I'll try it both ways and see how each looks.

by the way awesome texture. I was going to have a label goind around the grenade with a grey metal body with black or something letters. It seems everyone knows how to texture but me. I'll get it eventually.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.