Texture Bug (really uncool)

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
metal_head

Texture Bug (really uncool)

Post by metal_head » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:57 pm

I as planning to release the demo of MF this evening,but a bug occured and I need to fix it fast.
When I view my player model in the ActView and Equity,there are no texture problems,but in game,there's a texture bug. The texture of the face is just black (like there's a black texture instead). I have had this problem on other models which are no longer in the game. Why is this happening?

ImageImage

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Texture Bug (really uncool)

Post by bernie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Backup your actor and try this. Load the actor into equity. Export as ms3d load into milkshape select all facse go to groups tab and clear all smoothing groups. Save ms3d and import back into Equity. Load all your motions (they will have been saved when you exported as ms3d) Save actor as and see if that has solved the probllem (it sometimes does if the actor is all black instead of showing the textures).

Danimita92

Post by Danimita92 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm

I think the faces of the head need flipping, since what you are seeing might be the "insides" of the head". It's like having a piece of paper, white on one side and black on the other. You're seeing the black one insted of the white

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 pm

Bernie's answer helped me actually,just forgot to post thanks back this time. In the ActView or example the actor was ok, in Equity also, Milkshape of course also,but just in game there was that problem.