RF RPG Model With FULL WORKING ANIMATIONS!

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Voltare

RF RPG Model With FULL WORKING ANIMATIONS!

Post by Voltare » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:09 am

This is, as far as I know, the VERY FIRST working rf rpg animated actor!http://www.filefront.com/14588589/knight1.zip/ .

Works wonderfully in Equity, not sure about Rf yet, haven't tried it.The animations are what rpger's expect---bow shooting, mace swinging, sword swinging, etc.

Comes from a freeware pseudo-rpg mod for Half-Life....the very first time i've gotten a half-life model that works right in equity.

Equity is a GREAT TOOL.

zany_001

Re: RF RPG Model With FULL WORKING ANIMATIONS!

Post by zany_001 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:07 am

I don't think it's the first. Jay is making an RPG, plus there's skullcrack.

Anyway I'll have a look if I have time.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 pm

You need to use the smd fix and fix some of those motions (run & crouch motons etc.) for it to work properly in RF.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:55 pm

I used virgil as a base actor and then changed the textures, gave them clothes, swords etc. (I used the universal human package) - so basically, i just did the accesoires and edited the textures. Virgil is a nice actor for this because there are so many premade animations. And you just have to use its skeleton and build your thinghs around it.

A tip for making chain mail: In milkshape, use virgil, and copy the torso. Then use FatBoy with something like 0.1 and you have a layer of cloth over him. Then use a tga und you can make a chainmail over the normal clothing.
You can also use this to make gloves, trousers and shoes (with hands, legs and feet). I tend to export armor as a seperate actor so i can give the characters the needed armor on demand and don't have to have more and more actors.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:35 am

i'm trying the world of warcraft method, i.e. one model with a crapload of different textures.....such as....you make 1 axe, and have 10 different textures to represent different versions of an axe...etc.Will let ya know how this works( oh, and that file above works great for me in rf....)