Different 3rd person animations for some weapons

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Veleran

Different 3rd person animations for some weapons

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:24 am

If you have weapons that use different player animations,like a Longbow,you have to add all the 30 firing and aiming animations names that the bow needs in the bow's section in weapon.ini i suppose.

I mean you cant add in the weapon.ini just one aim up one aimdown and shootup and shootdowns animation because the animation blends just the shootup and shoot down,

and cant take only 4 fire bow animations of the upper body animation shoot1,shoot2,aim1,aim2 and mix it to the legs automatically.That is right,is it?
Otherwise the required attack animations would not be that much,like 30.

It does nt go like this i suppose again,Having a crouch plain without shooting,and a separate generic fire and then the crouch and fire will blend,
you have to add only the animations listed,in the existing playersettup right?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Different 3rd person animations for some weapons

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:53 am

It's possible to specify only certain animations for weapons. The ones you don't specify are taken from the PlayerSetup INI file. All animations apply to the whole actor, there's no blending of separate body parts. I hope that answers your question.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:49 pm

I thought since other engines upper and lower body animations rf might have this and did nt used it yet.
Maybe i got confused by virgil which in the animations of walk + fire has his arms hanging down and not aiming with a weapon.

ArnelMachida

Post by ArnelMachida » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 am

how about grappling hooks?
Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence. - martial art