Specific look

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
lekeoi

Specific look

Post by lekeoi » Mon May 23, 2011 2:06 am

On games that I have played when a person looks at you sometimes just their head will look at you, can you do this with reality factory. I am making a turret and it flies so I want it so that when you are not at its altitude only the barrel of the gun will point at you and not the whole turret all while the turret is still playing its moving animation.
"Life is like a box of ammo." You always know what your going to get.

jamieo01

Re: Specific look

Post by jamieo01 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:57 pm

I would have thought you could make the turret look at the player how ever you can only play one animation at a time I think hopefully someone else will clarify this as I have never tried doing it but I think that someone said it

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:27 am

You need to use 2 actors in that case and attach one to the other so they can have different animations.

lekeoi

Post by lekeoi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:42 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:You need to use 2 actors in that case and attach one to the other so they can have different animations.
thanks but is there a way you can make them react differently once being detached. In this case the torso of a man will continue to live once the legs are no longer there for example. And act differently (now it will walk on its own).

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Yes, you can have 2 pawns with their own scripts. Attach one to the other by using the AttachToActor script method.

lekeoi

Post by lekeoi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:Yes, you can have 2 pawns with their own scripts. Attach one to the other by using the AttachToActor script method.
ok will try thanks