Tree transparent

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Vertex

Tree transparent

Post by Vertex » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi, I'm trying to create a tree for factory reality, but the texture of the leaves is not in the model, only the mesh is white.

The format of the image to the leaves is a TGA file with an alpha channel.

What am I doing wrong?
http://www.iris3dgames.com Reality Factory Spanish :wink:

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Tree transparent

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:57 pm

In Milkshape use a (dummy) BMP file when exporting to Genesis bdy. When you have built the actor file you can replace the BMP with your TGA texture using the tga2gebmp tool in the tools folder.

Vertex

Post by Vertex » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:42 am

QuestOfDreams wrote:In Milkshape use a (dummy) BMP file when exporting to Genesis bdy. When you have built the actor file you can replace the BMP with your TGA texture using the tga2gebmp tool in the tools folder.
Thank you very much . But I have a little problem. In the game the tree is something strange , and flashes .

Any suggestions?

http://www.iris3dgames.com Reality Factory Spanish :wink:

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:47 pm

You have to find a way or a utility inside the modeler that shows you where any polygon intersections are,so you can edit the polygons not to touch each other.
You have to keep a tiny distance between the polygons.
The less leaves sheets you add the easier is to keep them from intersecting.
You also can duplicate and invert the normals of the sheets to make them double sided,otherwise their back side will be completely transparent.

Doing so helps keeping the polycount down and rendering to be fast,because if you add as staticmesh that is backfaced the trunks and all branches will also be double sided while that is not needed (if the trunk and tree is all in one actor).