Tips and RF Bugs Workarounds

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Veleran

Tips and RF Bugs Workarounds

Post by Veleran » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:19 am

I will post few things i have in mind for start.

--Static mesh on top of bsp Polygon clipping--
Before you export you move all polys about 0.1 or even 0,05 units/texel above ground because faces might get clipped and you may not notice those missing polygons from the start.
I noticed this with a group of broken floor plaques staticmesh with all lower vertices at 0-ground level) on a bsp floor.
some examples i tried
1-When the actor used 24 bit bitmap and was on top of 8 bit floor it got clipping.
2.The actor had palleted 8 bit texture and the floor texture was 8-bit again some side polygons got clipped.
3.When the actor had palleted 8 bit texture and the floor texture was 24 bit it was okay.
So,it must be the 8-bit bitmap of the level that messed it even if the two touched,and did not intersect.

--Use one neutral texture on models and adjust the staticmesh or staticentity ambient to color it a bit so it matches the surrounding textures.

seppgirty

Re: Tips and RF Bugs Workarounds

Post by seppgirty » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks for the tips
Gamer, Lover, Film maker,

http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

Veleran

Re: Tips and RF Bugs Workarounds

Post by Veleran » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Transparent flat planes actors get more easily clipped if they touch the environment.
If that happens,a quick way to fix this is to place the actor entity 1 texel away from the neighboring geometry,by typing in the origin in the entity's Origin X Y Z boxes..
Example a scattered straw bed plane on a floor.
In the 3rd and isometric view the 1 unit space will not be very noticeable.