virgils skeleton?

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
seppgirty

virgils skeleton?

Post by seppgirty » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 am

In this post here... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3470

it says the virgil skeleton is the Valve (Half Life) skeleton which is already included with Milkshape. Is this true? When i break down the virgil character the skeleton has extra bones. Was this for an older virgil character?

I like that the valve skeleton is in a t pose.
Gamer, Lover, Film maker,

http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

Veleran

Re: virgils skeleton?

Post by Veleran » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 am

Maybe they thought that if the motion skeleton is different than the base nfo skeleton it would still work.
If the motion and key file does not have a real skeleton but just bone names and position in space maybe it could work,am not sure.
Virgil was made in max 3 by user buckfalla and is using the max biped,i remember it then when it replaced the previous player Ernie the zombie.
If you decompile virgil and get his skeleton into milkshape 3d i hope it works.
In max however if you assign any vertices to those extra bones buckfalla had linked on the skeleton and export,all those vertices on extra bones show lying on the floor.

It appears that the links of those bones were not working the way rf wants.
Also,if you assigned vertices to dummies the actor studio did not recognize those physiqued at all.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: virgils skeleton?

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:26 pm

seppgirty wrote:In this post here... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3470

it says the virgil skeleton is the Valve (Half Life) skeleton which is already included with Milkshape. Is this true? When i break down the virgil character the skeleton has extra bones. Was this for an older virgil character?

I like that the valve skeleton is in a t pose.
No, you don't read that correctly. Virgil's skeleton is not the Half Life skeleton, it is a custom skeleton. However, you may use the HL skeleton to create animations for RF actors.