Need scripting help (a LOT)

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
wackedoutbiker

Need scripting help (a LOT)

Post by wackedoutbiker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:23 pm

I have a few things I need scripting help/examples for. Does anyone know how to do any of these things?

1. AI Drivers in vehicles that can be taken over (by shooting or hand-to-hand combat)

2. Traffic lights that make those vehicles stop if I want them to

3. A scripted player who can perform various hand-to-hand attacks (at random when pressing the attack button) when no weapon is selected. (Or would it be better to have a separate key that puts the weapon away and performs an attack?) I also want him to be able to block enemy melee attacks when unarmed. I also want to be able to switch views with this scripted player, using the head bone as the root for the first-person camera.

4. A super-strong, super-intelligent AI player with a health bar at the top of the screen to indicate how far away you are from destroying it (I like those old games with super-huge bosses to battle, and some of them will be a lot more massive than that)

5. A script just like #4, except it flies.

6. A flying vehicle that the player can use. (and the before-mentioned AI pilot can use)

7. An ordinary AI player that can switch weapons when it wants to (changing the weapon model in the hand and all, perhaps triggered by distance, like if you are close, it uses a pistol, knife, or SMG, or if you are far, a rifle, grenade, or rocket launcher)

8. An AI player like the one above, except it follows the player. (hopefully not too closely, because I hate being cramped in a bathroom or other small space with them)

Sorry about all the recent requests, I just have not been able to use RF for the longest time due to problems at home. I hope to be able to get back to speed soon.

Thanks for any help in advance.
More atrocities are committed in the name of that which is holy and righteous than that which is wicked and evil

Master

Post by Master » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:55 pm

2. I think Hike1's site has a traffic light example

3. A button can be assigned to holster a weapon and a script can check to see it no weapon is drawn and check for a key press and animate accordingly for attacking or blocking.

4. The better you script the smarter your AI will be. GenericeMelee, GenericMissile, and GenericMonster are all basic enemy scripts but you cant really call these 'super intelligent' but they can be good starting points. In your hud ini file you can make a display for enemy health and have this attribute controlled by the enemy script.

5. Just like #4 but script its movement accordingly.

7 + 8. Use you enemy scripts but set hostileplayer(false) and make them holstile toward your enemy group.

I know these solutions aren't very specific and I dont know if they'll help much but if you don't know how to do these things i suggest looking over the docs (specifically the pawn scripting section) and read over the commands and you'll get...its really not too difficult.