Customising the zoom scope for individual weapons?

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
ZenBudha

Customising the zoom scope for individual weapons?

Post by ZenBudha » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:17 am

Due to the lack of innacuracy I was thinking of having the player be able to use the weapons like real ones. By looking down the sights.

Such as perhaps a way to set up individual images to replace the scope/zoom view that is default as well as set the zoom to a fixed amount on certain weapons.

I mean I would assume there is a way at least to dissable it for some weapons. As not every single weapon has a scope mounted on it.

Just an idea anyway. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:34 pm

when i tried to make S:I:M:O:N I had the same problem. I used different overlay images. Using the script command self.player_weapon

something like (not tested):

Code: Select all

if(self.player_weapon=NUMBER)
{
SetEventState("WEAPON_NAME", true);
SetEventState("OTHER_WEAPONS", false);
// etc...
}
using an overlay entity with the triggername WEAPON_NAME for every weapon you would use.
Even I used two or more animated overlay for every weapon, simulating the beaviour of an ipotethical "super technological digital weapon" such a target finding foresight (like robocop, you know). When I worked on S:I:M:O:N (I have the work folder if you want ) I've created the autotarget demo (http://realitychess.altervista.org/download.htm). The overlay + the autotarget effect was really interesting...

p.s. I noticed that perhaps the number fo the self.player_weapon is 1 unit up or down in respect to your real weapon index (why? empirical test)....