Scripting Teammates..

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
metal_head

Scripting Teammates..

Post by metal_head » Sat May 31, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm using perfectai.s and I've made the pawn which is using it to be friendly to player and hostle to the enemy group

Code: Select all

HOSTILEPLAYER		[true]		
	HOSTILEDIFFERENT		[false]	
But how can I make the already friendly pawn following you,you know like he's your friend and follows you and when he sees an enemy,he attacks it,than when the enemy is killed,the frendly pawn starts to follow the player again no matter how far he is from the friendly pawn something like the hostages in Counter Strike.

I think the pawn shold be made to follow the player and than,when an enemy gets into his

Code: Select all

SIGHTDIST			[X]
to switch to HOSTILEDIFFERENT.
Anyway,I'm not a programmer and I don't know how to do it in Simkin,could you guys help me?

AkillezMight

Re: Scripting Teammates..

Post by AkillezMight » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Researching the forums for the same question asked here.
Q: I am also using the PerfectAI.s and I wanted to ask, what needs to be done in order to make a friendly pawn-follow the player around- and shoot/kill enemy pawns- while goin back to following the player around.

I 've tried many variations of the script i.e. HOSTILE TO PLAYER F/ HOSTILE TO DIFFERENT GROUP T/ HOSTILE TO SAME F/ i get no results.

Point me in the right direction if this has been answered already and/or please explain with a script as an example. THX>AKILL.
Have you ever scripted an enemy pawn that totally owned, that you had to go back into the weapon ini. and create a bigger gun. Just so the fight will be fair? ' ;0

jonas

Re: Scripting Teammates..

Post by jonas » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Actually this has been answered a few times I believe.
here
and
here
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack