Blinking + Battery life for flashlight.

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Matte

Blinking + Battery life for flashlight.

Post by Matte » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:02 pm

This is my game topic: http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... 705#p29705

1. In my game, I want the player to be able to blink. I would use the 'E' key for this. If you don't blink, the game blinks for you every 7 seconds. On a blink, your screen is dark for 1 second. You have to think about this when entering an unexplored room, for example, because you don't want to die because you forgot to blink, do you?

2. Also, I will use the working flashlight script, but I want it to have a battery life. I do not need (and not want) the battery life to be displayed on the HUD, so you might get a 'SHIT' situation when your flashlight goes out and you're all alone in a dark room. Battery life should be reset to the maximum every level.
Depending on the size of the levels, the battery should live for 3 to 10 minutes, before you're alone... in the dark... (no copyright infringment intended :lol:)

Dante

Re: Blinking + Battery life for flashlight.

Post by Dante » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:19 pm

i havnt got a remedy for it, but... i see you want to make it as realistic as possible... and i could give you one or two ideas. For example, you could put in the weapon model a hair model, so it fits on the camera, like if your hair was falling over your face.
There never was a good war or a bad peace.
-Benjamin Franklin