Decals...

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
metal_head

Decals...

Post by metal_head » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:47 pm

Ok,so I got my enemies bleeding ok,but now I want to ask how can I make them put blood decals on the floor or on the wall when they are shot.I want my enemy to bleed and put bloody decals on the floor every time it's shot and when it dies,to put another decal which will be bigger.What is actually the best way to do this? Is it with firing projectiles or there's another easier way? Also it would be pretty cool if the pawn puts the decal in the direction it's shot.I mean if it's near a wall and I shoot at it's head,a blood decal to be put on the wall behind him,but if I'm in a tower let's say and shoot at it from there (a high spot) the decal to be on the ground not on the wall.
I want to make this using perfectai BTW

Danimita92

Re: Decals...

Post by Danimita92 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:21 pm

In the enemy's pain order, use a fireprojecile command that shoots an invisible projectile that has a blood decal.

metal_head

Re: Decals...

Post by metal_head » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 pm

I tried that,but isn't there another way of making this? Also is it possible to make the blood shoot in the direction of the bullet that hits the pawn using the FireProjectile order?

EDIT: Oh,yeah!Is it possible to make the projectile with the decal get the direction from the bullet shot from the player and shoot in that direction?