Story AI

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
metal_head

Story AI

Post by metal_head » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:10 pm

By "Story AI" I Mean pawns,who talk to the player,than go to patrol,than when they get to a certain point,they stop,talk again and proceend,than when they reach the final script point stop there and tell the player that they can't go any further or something and go to idle.
I assume that both of you have played HALO.Remember on the first level,when the aliens attacked how the marines acted? they were talking,opening doors and shooting aliens just to help the player.
I'm using the Perfectai script,whith the patrol order enabled.I made my pawns patrol,and attack bad aliens when they see ones,but I want they to help the player.

I made a goup of 5 pawns. One of them is a commander. I want when the player reaches them,the commander to play a sound saying: "Ah,Jake! We were waiting for you! C'mon,we don't have time,we have to move on!" and than the group of pawns to start following the sciripted points.And than at the last script point the gorup of pawns to stop,saying : "Jake,we'll have to stay here and you'll have to go on without us,whish you luck!" Of course,I'll make the sounds myself,but I need a little help of making all this scripting.I'm sure that it's the Patrol order in perfectai,that can be changed to make all this,but I'll need help from you,RF scripters! :)

BTW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g_21-K0 ... re=related I don't know who's game is this,but the two teams look pretty cool and close to what I want to make my squad of 5 pawns look like.Of course here they only talk and walk,that's all,but they look cool!