Some Help?

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
metal_head

Some Help?

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:32 pm

Now I'm bringing the question from the Music section to the Scripting section,because scripting will be needed.http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... =14&t=3814
Now what I want is to create a script,which checks if a trigger is activated and if it is,play a sound so that will look like the player talks.
Now,everyone knows I suck at scripting yet and I'll need some help,I started the script myself,but I have no idea if it's correct and don't know how to do some things.
This is what I did,please don't laugh at me,I'm trying to learn Simkin by myself now and this is what I did:

Code: Select all

TALK1       [sound1.wav]
TALK2       [sound2.wav]
TALK3       [sound3.wav]

Spawn[ ()
        {
        Console(true);
        PawnRender(false);
        LowLevel("Start");
        }
        Start[ ()
        {
    //If trigger (name) is activated:
        PlaySound(TALK1);
        PlaySound(TALK2);
        PlaySound(TALK3);
I assume that Low level will be needed for this,right?
I will attatch the Pawn to the player so that the player will hear the sounds played and it will look like the player is talking.But first I'll need help for this,I know it's something simple,and shouldn't be asking such question,but I don't have Idea how to make the script check if a trigger is activated.

creekmonkey

Re: Some Help?

Post by creekmonkey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:16 pm

Use GetEventState(char *Trigger ); to check if a trigger is activated, can be called in either Low or HighLevel order. PlaySound(char *Sound ); is a LowLevel command.

if(GetEventState("trigger_name"))
{
PlaySound(sound_name);
}

metal_head

Re: Some Help?

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Gee,thanks that's the command I was looking for ! "if(GetEventState("trigger_name"))"