RF's movement bugs.

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
metal_head

RF's movement bugs.

Post by metal_head » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Now I think that would be awesome for thoose,who use the built in player (like me) !

1-st: I'm sure all of you know about that bug,when you jump in the air and you press forward + strafe and you are near a wall,the player attatches to the wall in the air and looks pretty uncool.In my game I got for example a level,where the player is in an ancient temple and has to find 5 hidden bombs.The temple is very high in the air and if you fall off,you die..but if you youdr this bug (with the wall attatching) you can get to the ground without loosing even one health point.It's not only in the air,if you wallk straight and you are next to a wall,if you strafe in the direction of the wall and touch the wall,the player stops walking,becasue what? he's attatched to the wall again.That's not cool for narrow places,because if you hit strafe you'll attatch to the wall and stop moving,and if you hit the strafe in the opposite direction,you'll attatch to the other wall,because the place is narrow

2 -nd: When you are strafing left or right,you can't jump... No idea about that one..is it a bug or I just have to set something somewhere and I hope it's because of that.

3 - rd is nothing serious actually,but I got the feeling that something's not OK with this one too:
OK,for that one..whoever doesn't know about it,should build a simple level,in the player's scale put 0.5 (not 1 by default).Run the level...
now stand still...than hit forward for a second or two and release..any difference? Yes there is: the camera goes a little upwards when you hit the forward. Now hit worward again...ow the camera is like it was in the beginning of the level (gone downwards).It's really hard to see this,so go to an angle in the room (so when you hit forward the player won't move in any direction) and try this with pressing forward,I'm sure you'll see it now!With strafing there's no such thing..I got the feeling that the strafe is something completely different from the moving formards and backwards.It's like its' programed differently.

I say we all work together and fix this,because RF is an awesome game developing tool (if I can say it like that) and with theese bugs aout of the way it get's a lot better!