Creating a journal { Solved }

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
rgdyman

Creating a journal { Solved }

Post by rgdyman »

Sorry everyone, ( I assume a question like this has in fact been asked in the past. I searched around but I seem to be over looking a topic close this one .. sorry)

Heres my question.

Im attempting to create a Journal for my game. The Journal needs to have 2 sides to it Left and Right. ( Like a book)
Ive done a few trys at this using ShowText() and drawText(). But these methods arnt what Im looking for.
The text drawn is a little smooshed, hence , I need to lean close to the screen to make out what is written.
I would Like to simply create each page of the journal in a paint program saving in bmp then in a script I'll call the appropriate one..

Example....

Code: Select all

if(right mouse click )
{
      My_Page=My_Page-1;
     think="Page_Back";
    Playsound(Page_Turn.wav];
}

Page_Back[()   //// Heres where I need Help.. What command can I use in this function?
{
     Turn Off My .bmp image I saved in my image folder named Page_2;
     Display My .bmp image that I saved in my image folder named Page_1;
}]

Thanks All,
Dan

I might of found a solution...
Its ShowHudPicture() isnt it? :oops: Never mind everybody I spent so much time scoping the threads I didnt think about
the Docs.. soryy for wasting the space.
Juutis

Re: Creating a journal { Solved }

Post by Juutis »

rgdyman wrote:Its ShowHudPicture() isnt it? :oops: Never mind everybody I spent so much time scoping the threads I didnt think about
Yes, ShowHudPicture() works but you should check a command called DrawFlipBookImage(). That's even more handy.
Pain is only psychological.