advanced weapon system help.

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

advanced weapon system help.

Post by fps » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:06 pm

please read throught this letter and post some sudjestions for solutions to the listed problems.

As some of you may have noticed I have been working on a first\third person shooter latley and i need some major help making my game what i really want it to be.

what i really want for my video game is a scripted weapon system combining an array of upward of 25 scripted and predefined weapons with the following features, it is these things that i need help with creating:

a working pick up and drop system,

a limited number of weapons carried based on a weapon weight attribute(not just slot number) this would allow you to carry a larger number of say pistols than rifles on your carector, possibly the player has a maximum carry limit of 100lbs,

a double weapon usage system (can use 2 pistols at a time but not 2 large rifles)(also with 2 weapons thle left mouse fires the left hand weapon while the right fires the right hand weapon),

A (scripted or otherwise) alternate fire system that works with any key to create a desired effect. (M16 fire=leftmouse grenadelauncher=rightmouse meele=leftshift throwweapon=q)

an autotarget system. (triggered by holding down a key)

a lockon guided missile system(only for the special rocket launcher),

a meele combat system(punches while holding weapon),

an advanced meele combat system that is only active if the player has a special attribute set to 1.
(punches that send enemies flying, dodges, ducks, and special weapon activated matrix style "With Weapon" fighting. eg, swordsplay)

and a scripted player.

my games weapon system is complicated for a nonprofesional but damn near impossible for me working by my self.

all weapons must work with the the third and first person views and my scripted portions of the player must use all available player functions plus any i may add by scripting, the weapons slot numbers should also be readable by the pawn playerweaponslot() scriting command if at all possable.

if anyone has any ideas on how i could first off create these features and seccondly combine these features please post them.
i am in desperate need of some serious help but every little bit of working information i can get will go along ways tward helping me finish my game.
i know it dosent really do anything for you as a developer to help me with my project but i would really appreciate any help i can get.
For all i know i may still be forgetting somthing and if it occours to me i will add it later.

Other things i need help with that are not AS important:

How to get the player to reload weapons in third person.

How to define pickups so they work in the level editor and the game.

How to SCRIPT a fully functional first/3rd person weapon.

How to affix a scripted pawn or entity to a different pawn,entity,or the player.

How to get a scripted pawn to check for a varriety of different damage attributes and act accordingly. (eg, damage=health->pain : damage=flashbang->blinded)

And I have no fully functional scripted player yet.

i do have a massive resource library along with all the actors i should need less a few that i am still converting.

Ps
i also need anything that anyone can give me as far as the old virgil and neil models using their old skeletons, anything like animations, apjs, project folders, seperated bodyparts...ect

i am trying to use the old virgil model for the foes and the player but i have the neil model for the player right now so the weapons dont work with the enemies, thus i need tons of mots and stuff for virgil to change it over.

Any help would be greatly appriciated,
Thanks in advance,
FPS