Multiple Distinct Player Characters - Possible?

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Steve

Multiple Distinct Player Characters - Possible?

Post by Steve » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Hello. I am working on a game concept. This game concept involves having the player switch between multiple & distinct player characters to finish any particular level.

I have read all the material available to me so far, including these forums & I can not definitively determine if this game play element is possible using the Reality Factory. There are some threads in this forum that suggest that a player may temporarily move around another pawn but I am not certain if that is the same thing as being able to switch between distinct characters (the difference, for instance, between someone operating a radio-controlled toy car & being that toy car). Without this game play element, development of this game concept is moot.

Any assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

metal_head

Re: Multiple Distinct Player Characters - Possible?

Post by metal_head » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Totally possible! You can have as many characters as you like. I think the best way to do this is to make a new attribute and a pawn, that changes the attribute every time the player presses the character switch key. The other player pawns will respond to different values of that attribute and than they'll be active :)
So there ya go, a simple concept for that :)