DamageAtBone and b. box

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Veleran

DamageAtBone and b. box

Post by Veleran » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:54 pm

I am working on a small fighting fantasy game -Fighting Warriors- where the nine characters will do damage not only by projectiles,but mainly by using the command DamageAtBone with the bones located at claws and various weapon points like at the spiked head of a ball in chain.
I wonder if the bounding box prevents the damageatbone to happen if the bones move outside the predefined b. box width or if it doent matter at all.

I want to have several different attack animations for each monster/player according the weapon used
and dont know yet if the damage can be done futher outside the (scripted) player bounding box.
I hope this damage area is independent of the b. box.

Examples:One of the characters the dragon has a tail attack when the tail bones stretch forward to strike,
The Ogre's flail long chain extends forward outside the bounding box to do damage to whatever area the flail head sweeps,
The lisardman strikes with the shield.

Jay,you that are a fantasy fan too,might now what is best to do.
From what i read in the manual i can use only one damageatbone name for each attack
The player that uses a sword will have to his skeleton a bone for damage at the swords blade location between the middle and the tip of the blade-right?

And since it is at low level commands it ll be executed each frame-which best when the opponent tries to avoid the hit.

I hope the player wont to get damaged by his own bones.