Pawn rotate align to the ground

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Veleran

Pawn rotate align to the ground

Post by Veleran » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:36 am

1.Are there any commands that would rotate the master pawn -the pelvis thats got the legs-to match the ground angles?
If yes,i hope the upper body will rotate according the parent,the pelvis rotation to face the target.

I was thinking to map the rotation of the upper body to keys for left and right rotate so you can walk the pelvis with the legs while you rotate the body towards some target.

Maybe i could set up an annihilation match:One has the blue team the other red,and as long as a pawn structure at your base remains,you get re spawned at your base each time you get destroyed.
The anti air turret is for shooting down planes but i have nt made one yet.
One other thing i thought is a fixed camera on a scout pawn of your team triggered on and off by a key,so you can spy the enemy without the use of radar.

I hope there is functionality for two players,otherwise i ll think of something making npc's fight hard .

I will search for metalhead online to ask him.
If i do nothing with it its still ok.
That mech is meant for ogre and i ll put it also as dxf download (non animated but its easy to rig rigid and add a skeleton)when it is done,

2.I want the arms to rotate and aim the player and other targets only vertically.
The two small turrets guns,i want also to rotate only vertically.
3.Is there a way to limit the vertical rotation of the gun on top when these are aiming to a rotation: from -40 to 40 degrees?

I just wanted to see the actor move , controlled on some terrain with a few trees and stones.
I am thinking to use opengl because i remember in 2003 the d3d attach to pawn was jerky,the turrets did nt stick to the master actor and where a little left behind as the main actor moved
That one is 10k faces while i work on other versions 500 and 2000 faces for level of detail Lod and rf.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

metal_head

Re: Pawn rotate align to the ground

Post by metal_head » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 pm

Not in RF. To be able to rotate an object like this, you need to know the ground normal, but I don't think RF can do that.